I have been blessed with many challenging opportunities to gain valuable experiences in several fields, and across the world. I believe one of the reasons these opportunities have come my way is the work ethic and sense of initiative I bring to every aspect of my life. Those qualities are also one reason that – as you will see – I have been in a leadership role through most of them.
Manager – Wild Mountain / Taylors Falls Recreation
- Responsible for the overall success of Taylors Falls Canoe Rental and the Lift Operations, Terrain Park, and Events/Competitions Departments of Wild Mountain Ski and Snowboard Area.
- Hire, train, develop, and manage two teams of 20-65 front line employees and assistant managers.
- Develop, implement, and execute company and department operating procedures, training programs, and incident response procedures.
- Coordinate operations with upper management, and sales, marketing, and maintenance departments.
- Collaborate with outside retail, instructional, and competitive organizations to create mutually beneficial revenue-building and network-based marketing opportunities.
- Work with State and Federal level Park Services, including coordinating operations and writing, finalizing and implementing concessionaire contracts and commercial use authorizations.
- Maintain compliance with all ANSI, government, industry, insurance and company standards.
- Work to find and then exploit the company’s place as the Terrain Snowsports market emerged and continues to evolve.
Owner – DoVoCo
- Work with businesses, organizations, and individuals to improve the effectiveness of their overall online presence through innovative and effective use of Social Media, Online Advertising, Search Engine Optimization, and Web Design and Development.
- Use all the resources available to create a solid, lasting, and positive presence in search engine results.
- Help to define ways Social Media and other online marketing can help realize real-world goals on a case-by-case basis, then develop plans to meet those goals, put them into place, and support their continued execution.
- Help forward-thinking professionals and job seekers create dynamic, intuitive, and effective online resumes.
Sergeant, Military Police – United States Marine Corps
- An NCO tasked with leading small units in executing mission objectives.
- A go-to trainer consistently tasked with training hundreds of troops and civilians from 9 countries on 4 continents.
- Responsible for physical site and route security operations.
- Received 3 Certificates of Commendation, including one for the unprecedented Exercise Natural Fire 10 in Uganda.
“Corporal Grote maintained the highest level of professionalism and tact as an instructor for the Entry Control Point (ECP) and Vehicle Check Point Training evolution. Corporal Grote served as the primary ECP Instructor for over (372) Soldiers and Marines from five East African Community (EAC) nations and the United States. He worked hand-in-hand with other EAC and US Instructors and demonstrated both technical and tactical proficiency while overcoming significant language and cultural barriers. Corporal Grote’s unsurpassed professionalism and devotion to duty reflected great credit upon himself and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.”
Board Member – North Branch American Legion
- Executive Board & Building, Finance, and Audit Board
- Help steer one of the area’s largest and most active charitable organizations in its efforts to serve the community as a whole and the veterans that live in it.
- Analyze and make strategic business decisions based on the finances and operations of a fully functional Bar and Event Center.
- Monitor and audit the operations, finances, and reporting of a million-plus-dollar charitable gaming operation.
Member, Social Media Team – Horner 2010 Campaign
- Work to provide the candidate with a highly-visible positive presence in the social media environment.
- Inject relevant candidate and campaign information into trending topics and conversations to exploit pre-existing viewer engagement, making every view more effective.
- Work to make my own social media identity a place viewers see as a valuable resource so communications are not viewed as spam.
- I was able to take many of the lessons learned in this experience and make them applicable in beginning to maximize my employer’s social media presence.