The American Legion is one of the United States’ leading charitable organizations, and local Posts throughout the country work hard to serve their communities as a whole, as well as the veterans that live in them. I have proudly served as a part of the American Legion Post 85 in North Branch, Minnesota and am now proud to accept appointments to the Executive Board and the Building, Finance, and Accounting Boards.
The Executive Board works to steer the fundraising and charitable efforts of one of the areas largest and most active charitable organizations. Responsibilities include:
- Maximize Post income through the Club Room Bar, the Hall and Event Center, charitable gaming operations, and other fundraising efforts.
- Guide donations and charitable efforts to achieve the largest possible benefit to the community as a whole and the veterans who live in it.
The Building, Finance, & Accounting (BF&A) Board works to:
- Review and audit revenues and expenditures from the Club Room Bar and the Hall and Event Center.
- Use that information to make strategic business decisions to maximize financial benefits to the Post.
- In addition to those duties, I have accepted the responsibility of auditing the operation, finances, and reporting of the Post’s large charitable gaming operations.
For more information on the American Legion and the many ways it helps our nation and its Veterans, please visit their website and find out how easy it is to help achieve their goals.